Printing Project

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
eriehalls@gmail.com
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity

Printing Project

Post by eriehalls@gmail.com »

Is it possible to print your model at full size? I am using Vcarve Pro and making a name sign. I need to print the lettering at full size. If this is possible I would appreciate some guidance.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Printing Project

Post by FixitMike »

You can print the 2D model full size if you export the vectors as a PDF and then use a PDF printing program such as Adobe Acrobat to print it. Those programs allow you to select the scale for printing. The problem I have had, however, is that the vectors appear as very thin, and thus quite light, lines.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

eriehalls@gmail.com
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity

Post by eriehalls@gmail.com »

Thanks! It worked great.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

FixitMike wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:16 am
You can print the 2D model full size if you export the vectors as a PDF and then use a PDF printing program such as Adobe Acrobat to print it. Those programs allow you to select the scale for printing. The problem I have had, however, is that the vectors appear as very thin, and thus quite light, lines.
If you're using Acrobat there is a setting you need to change to get the line to the correct "weight". I posted about it a few years ago but I can't find the original post. I stopped using Acrobat a while ago and just use whatever browser I have these days. On my main machine that is Microsoft Edge and Vectric PDF's display perfectly.