3D Model showing up 180 to the project plain

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Songweaver1
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

3D Model showing up 180 to the project plain

Post by Songweaver1 »

If I said this right , I have an odd happening. I bought a model and tried to import it into Vcarve desktop. It came up like the others except that it is 180 degrees out of alignment to the project plain. I see three circles around the project plain but no matter how I try I can't seem to get it to lay down flat on the rectangle.
THANX FOR ANY HELP ON THIS ONE...
Attachments
COMPASS.crv
(15 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

slowoodworker
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRouterparts Benchtop Pro

Re: 3D MODEL SHOWING UP 180 TO THE PROJECT PLAIN

Post by slowoodworker »

Can you change the initial orientation when you import the file? (Your file did not seem to have anything in it.)
Import model.png

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Be careful posting files if they contain copyright material, is it an STL model you have purchased? If it is then you can change the orientation of the model on the import screen. If it has already been imported then I am not sure you can change the orientation but you can still rotate & mirror 3D components :lol: :lol:

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

martin54 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:36 pm
Be careful posting files if they contain copyright material, is it an STL model you have purchased? If it is then you can change the orientation of the model on the import screen. If it has already been imported then I am not sure you can change the orientation but you can still rotate & mirror 3D components :lol: :lol:

I wish to add to martin 54's statement -- You can go to the modeling tab right - click on the line that identifies the model and select "re- import model then click < back button in the Import model menu. There you can orientate your model to the correct position.
Screenshot 2023-03-12 064730.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 064916.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 065026.png
Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554