Trouble with Vectorized Image

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
harpone
Model of CNC Machine: nextwave sd100

Trouble with Vectorized Image

Post by harpone »

I have been trying to help my daughter-in-law with a project. The images I selected stalled VCarve and Vectric tech service kindly explained why when I contacted them. Taking a different approach I have started with a new image which I vectorized using the app Image Vectorizer. I opened VCarve, selected new file and established the dimensions for the workpiece, then selected import vectors/. The vectorized image was in a
Vectorized schoolhouse.pdf
(17.31 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
USB I had connected to my laptop so I imported it. The file imported immediately but only partially inside the square shown on the screen. What am I missing here. I tried attaching a picture to this topic but can't get that to work either. :( :(

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

Re: Trouble with Vectorized Image

Post by wilkigr »

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that it is only "partially inside the square". I imported it and, deleting the text, the vectors are 22" in X and 19" in Y. If you have set your material size to smaller than that, it will only be "partially inside the square". If that is the case, you can either reduce the size of the vectors to fit your material, or get a larger piece of material.

Sorry if this seems obvious. Maybe I am missing something ??

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Open the PDF file directly in VCarve. Don't try to import it.
Steve

wilkigr
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Sienci Long Mill

Post by wilkigr »

SteveNelson46 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm
Open the PDF file directly in VCarve. Don't try to import it.
I'm not the OP, but thanks for that. Learn something new every day. I see that it creates a material size to fit the design. Cool.