Toolpath Color

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
hmatyas
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3

Toolpath Color

Post by hmatyas »

I was planning on trying to do an inlay. However, before doing the actual work, I was wondering if on the simulation, if I do a pocket cut, is it possible to have the Toolpath Color be the other material? For example, the material color is maple, the pocket toolpath color is black walnut. (Somehow change the color palette with the material color palette.)
I know that it is not critical for the project, however, I am working on a project were documenting it is somewhat important but not critical.
Thank you.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Toolpath Color

Post by Leo »

I cound not see a way to do it.

Interesting thought though
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Previews can only be the material "colour" or a solid colour (i.e. if the material is a cherry texture the toolpath will be cherry and not maple or some other).

One thing you can do is use a neutral solid colour and create a "fake" preview toolpath that only cuts down 1/1000 of an inch (or 0.025mm).

neutral.png
Attachments
sun.crv
Toolpaths uncalculated to save space. Do a "Recalculte All". VCarve v9.519.
(52.5 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

hmatyas wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:12 pm
... Somehow change the color palette with the material color palette.)...
One thing you can do is to create that neutral color, as adze_cnc suggests, save the graphics file and edit that graphics file color in an image editor.

You could most likely make it any look that you wanted.
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

adze_cnc wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:16 pm
Previews can only be the material "colour" or a solid colour (i.e. if the material is a cherry texture the toolpath will be cherry and not maple or some other).

One thing you can do is use a neutral solid colour and create a "fake" preview toolpath that only cuts down 1/1000 of an inch (or 0.025mm).

neutral.png
YES
I have done that myself in the past. Works great.

BUT - How cool would it be if the tool color looked like Walnut with the grain and color differences in the wood.
I LOVE the idea!!!
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Aussie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Robotics Model 8

Post by Aussie »

I asked the same question in the Corel forum.... not possible using images as colour pallets....you can trick it but it is slow work everytime you wish to change the timber species.
That would be a big plus if vectric could include custom images in the toolpath colours, won't really help if you are doing several inlays using different species that the vectors cross over each other, thats why using Corel would be great in selecting wood colours.
Ron
Crafers Crafts