New User, What did I do Wrong?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mpblmb

New User, What did I do Wrong?

Post by mpblmb »

Not sure what I did wrong Can anyone help?
Attachments
VCarve Pro1.crv
(490 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
IMG_1260.JPG
(113.66 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

abdalmalki

Post by abdalmalki »

mpblmb,

Check your tool diameter, may be you enterd a smaler value in the VCarve tool database.

abdalmalki

Post by abdalmalki »

Sorry, I mean bigger value.

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

Hi Not Sure
Did you pocket cut with the ½ “ endmill it calls for in the program. If you cut with a 1/4 ‘endmill when you programed for a ½ “ you would get that result. The pocket cut almost looks like it was cut with a ball nose bit or is it just the picture?
Dan

Les_linton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ViperX7

Post by Les_linton »

it looks like your z depth is set lower on your pocket cut than on the v-bit cut also...

Les

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Yeah, I would assume you used a smaller tool bit diameter (on the machine) than the one entered in the progam (1/2" CED)... are we right?!

You seem to use a V bit with a very wide flat point; may I suggest to get more pointy tool so you jsut be even more happy with such work... is that part of you queastion?...

mpblmb

Post by mpblmb »

You guys are good! I did use the wrong bit. I used a 1/4" spiral bit instead of a 1/2". I switched from 1/2 to 1/2 when drawing to reduce cut time and then fogot when it can time to cut. My V bit does have a wide flat point, what is the norm? Should the V-bit come to a sharp point?

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Bit configuration is up to you only (well, maybe your customer) but pointy tool make V Carvings sharper/more detailed if you ask me. It's not because it's flat point that it mean it's wrong or bad, it's just a matter of what your looking for. V bit with a flat point are less prone to breakage... I personally never have break any yet though.

Burchtree
Vectric Wizard

Post by Burchtree »

I would say that V bits that come to a point are the norm. If you call up a V bit tool in the tool database V C Pro assumes it has a point. The V bit you have with the flat bottom should be entered in the engraving tools. Engraving tools have a place to enter the flat bottom diameter.
Dan