Weird Problem with project can anyone help.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Weird Problem with project can anyone help.

Post by sharkcutup »

Have you tried recalculating your toolpaths and saving them again with your postprocessor?

Sometimes we tend to get moving along a bit to fast in our ventures to design something and at times tend to forget to "recalculate" the toolpaths after moving vectors around (ex: centering them to material board, etc...). Then save the toolpaths not knowing that you had not "recalculated" the toolpath(s) for the adjusted vectors. This could possibly be the case of the Op's issue. It is rather hard to tell without knowing/seeing more information.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

Nikejeff
Model of CNC Machine: Longmill2 30x30

Post by Nikejeff »

Ok I am loading the cvr file but does not include the tool paths. The forum gives me a too large error message when I tried. I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Jeff
Frenchie Filestest.crv
(182.5 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

RalphPitz
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus

Post by RalphPitz »

The file looks fine - no problems that I see. After cutting only the dog's face (where it was offset to the right 1-2"), where did the bit return to? Did it go back to the XY zero position you setup in the software or did it return to some offset position? My bet is on ADZE's answer.

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

Once again, without seeing the complete project with the toolpaths, we are still only guessing. As someone asked prior, on the toolpaths, is there anything in any of the offsets set to something other than zero? When you carve the 3D model and then change the tool to a v-bit for the image, you definately only reset the Z, correct? As I mentioned prior, if this only happened once, why not set the Z about an inch above the material and cut some air and watch to see if the carve is properly cutting for the V-bit. That is best I can suggest to try to resolve it without seeing the complete project file (w/ toolpaths). Also, if it only happened once, it could be that your machine experienced some electrical voltage and it lost the true XY on the V-bit. I've seen that happen when the machine isn't grounded properly or there isn't any decent surge protection.

Again, I personally would carve the 3D model out and then set the Z about an inch higher than the material and watch if it would carve properly. If it is still off, then it either is in the toolpath settings, or the control software or your machine.

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

As Above Creations mentionned, we need the whole file with the toolpaths.

Just zip your file and you should be able to post it, or make it available on an online service as Dropbox and post the link.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Technically the model shouldn't be uploaded here due to licensing restrictions.

What would be of help is the actual g-code sent to the machine.