blackte
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: NewCNC Talent T2

Re: Toolpath

Post by blackte »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:29 pm
Here's the file in VCarve 10.5 format.
This worked. Thank you. The bottom pattern is what I'm after. Just not sure how to alter the starting point. I have tried all combinations, but unable to alter the starting point to Top Left for the 3 sides. It's always in the Lower Left Corner.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can change it in the Start At options in the profile toolpath or you can change it by moving the start point in node editing and then changing the Start At option to Keep Current Start Points.

Not sure how you're getting it to start at the lower left though. If you have the two side and bottom vectors joined as one it's only possible to start at top left or top right.

Make sure you actually have the vectors joined and not just grouped. They are not the same thing.

Unless you're referring to the starting point of the whole job in which case you need to change that in the Job Setup.

blackte
Vectric Apprentice

Post by blackte »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:07 pm
You can change it in the Start At options in the profile toolpath or you can change it by moving the start point in node editing and then changing the Start At option to Keep Current Start Points.

Not sure how you're getting it to start at the lower left though. If you have the two side and bottom vectors joined as one it's only possible to start at top left or top right.

Make sure you actually have the vectors joined and not just grouped. They are not the same thing.

Unless you're referring to the starting point of the whole job in which case you need to change that in the Job Setup.

Okay, you just stated what I was missing I think. I got the the top segment off by itself by the following
Cut Vector Top Left / Make Top Left Starting Point / Cut Vector Top Right - that makes the top line by itself.
Then you just stated what I was missing. If I click and hold the shift key down for the LS / Bottom / RS and Join Vectors - Move End Points, that brings those 3 sides all together. I think I was missing the Join Vectors piece. Does this look right to you?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I expect it is. There's no way you could get what you were describing if those three pieces were joined in the beginning.

blackte
Vectric Apprentice

Post by blackte »

Adrian wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:49 pm
I expect it is. There's no way you could get what you were describing if those three pieces were joined in the beginning.
I appreciate your help with this. I knew it was something simple, but just could not figure it out. Again, thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.