Plate Production Tool is always offset from center.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 5

Plate Production Tool is always offset from center.

Post by Mark Jones »

I am making some 5x7 plaques for a Cardboard Boat Regatta. Using the plate production tool all my sheets are offset about 3/8 of a inch up and over. No matter what settings I change in plate production it's always the same. Here is the simple file. If you click on the outer boarder of the plaque and the text and then click on the plate production tool its' always off set. I can fix this by going to each sheet and select all and recentering it and then recalculating it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HDZ8g ... sp=sharing

Here is the link that you can post in your browser window to download.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HDZ8g ... sp=sharing

Holler back if you get any different results? markjonesranger@hotmail.com
Mark Jones

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Plate Production Tool is always offset from center.

Post by adze_cnc »

The “Plate Production” tool is beyong my ken but here’s a couple of thoughts:
  • you have a laser toolpath. Is there some offset in that? i.e. if the laser is attached to the machine but the beam is not aligned to the spindle centre there would need to be an offset
  • I’d figure that plate production would want the XY origin to be in the lower left corner and not the centre.

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zLKm6b ... Y_FpZ/view?
usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1zLKm6b ... sp=sharing

Thanks. Here is a video of the situation. The laser is not in the plate production. Just the outer boarder and the text. Video is short. This may be a bug in the software.
Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

I also changed from the center to the lower left corner it did the same thing.
Mark Jones

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The offset is exactly 0.25" which seems a bit of a coincidence give the margins. I can't see in your video as it isn't high enough resolution but no matter what I do with toggles etc I can never set the top, bottom or right margins to anything else than 0.25"

Not many people post about the plate production here so it's probably not that widely used. I would suggest going directly to Vectric support.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Late to this conversation, but a bug was introduced into this function in the last dot release of v10.5 and doesn't appear to have been fixed in v11. I've raised this issue to Vectric support.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

Thanks. After trying my best to rule out any settings or errors on my part I figured it was something that needed fixed. My work around by moving the vectors created and recentering them worked but I felt it was a hassle that we didn't need. Vcarve is very good software and I enjoy using it. Will look forward to the update.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

Just wanted to say Outstanding job on 11.5 update. It fixed this plate production tool bug and all is working as it should. I was using this to do plaques for Ranger Derby Races each carved in cedar and now it creates 13 plaques like it was printing out labels. Very cool.

I enjoy Vectric Software. Its logical and powerful and fun to use.

Thanks Vectric Team!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

I just upgraded to Aspire 11.504 from Vcarve Pro 11.504. I am so excited to start editing 3d models. HOWEVER, one of our Pinewood Derby Races is coming up and they ordered 14 plaques carved out of cedar.

Excited to use my new Aspire I loaded the plaque fiile from vcarve pro and proceeded to update the fields and import the new data into the plate production tool. Worked just like it did last year when the offset was 1/4" off and I had to manually go in and move everything from the quarter inch offset and move it back to center.

So the bug that was in Vcarve Pro is still in Aspires plate production tools code. Can you guys please fix this in Aspire? I know you will as you all are Tops in my book!

I went back and reverified it is still working in Vcarve Pro. Holler if you need data files to look at.

Thanks
Mark Jones
Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

dealguy11 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:31 pm
Late to this conversation, but a bug was introduced into this function in the last dot release of v10.5 and doesn't appear to have been fixed in v11. I've raised this issue to Vectric support.
It's still in the Aspire Plate Production code. I just upgraded today to Aspire and found it wasn't coded out of the Aspire Plate production Tool. Still works great in Vcarve Pro but is doing the 1/4" offset in Aspire.

Thanks!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Mark Jones wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:01 am
dealguy11 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:31 pm
It's still in the Aspire Plate Production code. I just upgraded today to Aspire and found it wasn't coded out of the Aspire Plate production Tool. Still works great in Vcarve Pro but is doing the 1/4" offset in Aspire.

Thanks!
Mark Jones
You would be best sending a message to Vectric directly, they can probably add the fix to the next patch :lol: :lol:

support@vectric.com

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

Thanks for the tip. I did that last night and they responded today and after some more testing I could not reproduce it again. Even loaded up another file from the same time frame and it worked perfectly as well.

So as they used to say on Saturday Night Live as the rant went on .... "never mind" GRIN!

I do remember when I was using the plate production tool when it did the offset the margin field was slow to respond .... who knows. It works great!

I have 14 plaques toolpaths carving cool stuff already to take to the CNC all programed from a comma delimited file to make each one different.

Thanks for your help.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You're not going mad. I tried with your original file and I couldn't get the margins to light up either until I had calculated the plates, closed the tool and re-opened it. New jobs were fine from the start.

Mark Jones
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Mark Jones »

Thanks once again Adrian. I copied Charlie at Vectric to this forum link.

You all are the best.

Thanks.
Mark Jones