Another double sided bowl question

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
HeirloomJim
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD w/Pendant controller

Another double sided bowl question

Post by HeirloomJim »

Using Desktop 11.014. Have an interesting issue - bought a file (been a while, but think was on ETSY), downloaded it and installed the top and bottom layers onto my project. Both top and bottom show in my layers show, and I created the modeling component for the top but didn't run it until recently. That worked fine. Now, my issue: can't figure out how to take the layer with the bottom of the bowl and create a component for it. I've looked in all my file storage and no idea where the original download is. Image
Obviously, I'm not sure how to upload an image here - do links to one drive work?

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Another double sided bowl question

Post by sharkcutup »

The forum only accepts certain file types for images. You should be able to drag and drop image into the text area, then it will upload to forum server, below click attachments if it is not open already, then place cursor in text area where you want the image to appear, then click box below named place inline.

Are you using V-Carve Pro or Aspire?

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

HeirloomJim
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD w/Pendant controller

Post by HeirloomJim »

VCarve Desktop.
Attachments
DoubleBowl.jpg

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

I have taken the time to create a model similar to the one you have in your file. It has been created so that you will not have to alter it in any way just import it as is and assign toolpaths to it. The only thing I can think of is that depending on the thickness of your material board you may have to adjust the model within the material board reference in the Material Setup.
Screenshot 2022-06-07 192153.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-07 192250.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-07 192635.jpg
Top View of Plate
Screenshot 2022-06-07 193015.jpg
Cross Section View showing thickness

Inner section is Approx. .300" thick and goes out from center to 7" outward then tapers from .250" upward towards upper lip which is approx. .300"

Let me know if this model interests you or you would like some changes made to model before uploading to you.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Have you tried searching the whole of your computer for the original download? It may well still be in your download folder depending on how you transferred it to another folder.
I realise it was a while ago but have you also checked your email to see if the download link is still active, you never know it might be.

I am not sure I fully understand what you are saying to be honest, you are using desktop & you can't create components with desktop so it may be you are trying to toolpath it & having problems doing that :lol: :lol:

Screenshots can help, how have you set this up? Have you set it up as a double-sided job :lol: