auto save

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
vezpolo
Model of CNC Machine: Jx50

auto save

Post by vezpolo »

Does Vectric have any plans on adding an Auto save feature anytime? We have it in other design softwares. Just curious why this software doesn't.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: auto save

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Does Vectric have any plans on adding an Auto save feature anytime? We have it in other design softwares. Just curious why this software doesn't.
I would find it very annoying on large projects to have the application randomly pause for extended periods of time for an automated backup.

Instead Vectric gives you several choices:
<Ctrl S> or File/Save - This saves your work over the last saved version of the file. Teach yourself to type <Ctrl S> whenever you have made a major change and are satisfied with the results. I've trained myself to hit <Ctrl S> whenever I stop to think for a bit.If you are not sure of your changes then use the File ⇒ Save As... command instead option and give the file a new name.

<Ctrl Alt S> or File/Increment and Save - This is cooler and easier than File/Save As. The Increment and save operation allows you to automatically number iterations of files you are working on. If you select this operation when editing a file which ends with an underscore, or a hyphen followed by a number, then the number will be increased by 1 and the file will be saved using this number.

For example, MyFile_1.crv3d becomes MyFile_2.crv3d MyFile-1.crv3d becomes MyFile-2.crv3d
The increment and save option will keep incrementing until it finds a file that does not currently exist. It will not overwrite an existing file.

Later, if you wish, you can go back and delete the older versions.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

The forum is mainly user to user so your guess is as good as ours :lol: :lol: :lol: If you would like to see a feature change then the best thing to do is to send a feature request to support@vectric.com
As long as there was a way to disable it :lol: I have it disabled or turned off in other software that I use, just the way I have worked over the years. It has just become habit to hit the keyboard shortcuts in what ever software I am using :lol: :lol: :lol:

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

DaVinci Resolve, a video editing software has several ways to save a project.
One of the best is the Live Save

Live Save is the newest addition to Resolve. Live Save will continually save every adjustment (with little impact on performance) you make in the edit. There is no pop-up or notification to let you know that this is occurring, but you can trust that Resolve is saving your project. If your computer unexpectedly loses power, or if Resolve unexpectedly shuts down, you can re-open at the very last action.

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com