Culinary Apothecary

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
tander9
Model of CNC Machine: hd520

Culinary Apothecary

Post by tander9 »

hello all,
I have a couple students interested in this project but we are having trouble with the dowel holes - they sometimes end up outside profile and sometimes located low - aligned with the dados for the shelf. I noticed when I downloaded the file the material setup is single sided. Would that make a difference? We are following the directions and using alignment pins and flipping over short side.

Thanks again, Tom

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Culinary Apothecary

Post by sharkcutup »

Okay I have found the project you are interested in. This Project was created in the earlier stages of Vectric Software (V-Carve Version 7)
So the single sided versus two sided really does not matter here unless of course you wanted to recreate a new file copying vectors into a more recent version therefore creating a TWO-SIDED PROJECT file.

The dowel recesses and the dados for the shelves are on the SAME SIDE of the material. So they should NOT be even horizontally with the dados. I would reload the file fresh and recheck the the toolpaths.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Culinary Apothecary

Post by adze_cnc »

To do the second side are you flipping the material over properly? It should be flipped from left to right and not away from you. Hold your right hand in front of you palm down. Now flip it palm up. That's the flipping action for the board.

If flip it away from you you will end up with some dowel holes outside the profile.