Object Instancing - Feature Wish

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rsuess
Model of CNC Machine: Pro CNC Router Parts 4x8

Object Instancing - Feature Wish

Post by rsuess »

It would be really nice to be able to have one instance of a duplicated object, say a curved line, that when edited, carries the edits to all of it's instances. :D

Semi similar to recalculate but that only carries individual translation info.

I think in general, a better way to handle grouping would be nice. Selecting, say all circles, is very handy, but also very limited.

Grouping like objects into layers is very time consuming.

Grouping also creates a "hidden" hierarchy which can be useful, but also isn't exactly easy to manipulate unless you construct the grouping with that intent first. I feel Groupings "hidden" hierarchical structure exists because of the way the function is programmed, to continuously add to the group rather than end-user intent.

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: Object Instancing - Feature Wish

Post by AboveCreations »

Not sure I follow what your are suggesting or commenting, but this is a user forum. The vectric folks don't monitor this forum except for a few cases. I suggest you send your suggestions to support@vectric.com

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 12.004

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

rsuess wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:00 pm
It would be really nice to be able to have one instance of a duplicated object, say a curved line, that when edited, carries the edits to all of it's instances....
I've discussed this and several other suggestions to Vectric Support recently. As usual, no promises. I did gather from some of the response that doing such a thing wasn't a "thang" back when the programs were started and would take a considerable effort to perform today.

But perhaps if there's enough need?
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

AboveCreations:

The "Object Instancing" mentioned here is similar to what Rhinoceros 3D calls "Record History". This page: https://www.designcoding.net/recording- ... hinoceros/ show an example.

Of particular interest is the very last animation on the page. Change one hexagon and all in the area change on both surfaces shown.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

adze_cnc wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:44 pm
AboveCreations:

The "Object Instancing" mentioned here is similar to what Rhinoceros 3D calls "Record History". This page: https://www.designcoding.net/recording- ... hinoceros/ show an example.

Of particular interest is the very last animation on the page. Change one hexagon and all in the area change on both surfaces shown.
Interesting stuff.
Thanks,
~M
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

adze_cnc wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:44 pm
AboveCreations:

Thanks Adze...