SVG Won't Open on New Computer

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mrs. Caucus
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XXL

SVG Won't Open on New Computer

Post by Mrs. Caucus »

I downloaded V-Carve Pro on my new computer recently. I have always designed in Silhouette Studio Business edition, and import the SVG into V-Carve Pro to generate the toolpath. I have never had an issue.

I have 9.5. On my new computer, the SVG will not open, but I can send it to my old computer and it opens just fine in 9.5. I have tried "open with" in file explorer, and nothing happens. There is no error code. Just nothing, anywhere on the program, even outside of the workspace. I have emailed support (a week ago now) and haven't heard back.

Any ideas? Running two computers is slowing me down.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: SVG Won't Open on New Computer

Post by Adrian »

Try using the File, Import Vectors (or the Import Vectors icon) in VCarve rather than trying to open VCarve via an SVG file.

That's the recommended way of opening SVG files. Yes you can do it via Explorer but it's not a default file association for VCarve so there all sorts of reasons why it might not work.

If it's still not working then you would probably be best to attach the SVG file here so it can be checked for issues etc. The forum doesn't support SVG files so you would need to zip it or rename it first.