Makerspace Edition Questions

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
phil from seattle
Model of CNC Machine: grblHAL based: CBeam and Avid Pro4848

Makerspace Edition Questions

Post by phil from seattle »

I'm working with a local makerspace to get the CBC machine program up and running. We will be offering classes and are considering using VCarve. I am a bit confused about how the Makerspace edition works. The web page says 5 seats in the Makerspace. These are 5 Makerspace edition installations? As to the Client editions, can there be an unlimited number of those?

Also, can a Makerspace edition install read regular .crv files?

I read in the forum some questions about clip art for the Client editions - what are the restrictions? Are they listed anywhere?

Any gotchas I should know about?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Makerspace Edition Questions

Post by adze_cnc »

We have created VCarve Pro The Makerspace Edition to address this problem by allowing Makerspace members to work on their projects at home on their own computer using the free Makerspace Client Edition of VCarve Pro.

To obtain a Makerspace Client Edition a member just needs to download the free trial edition of VCarve Pro and activate it with a MakerspaceID code that can be generated from the Makerspace Edition installed at the main facility.

This license fee will entitle the Makerspace to install the software on up to 5 machines located at the Makerspace

Excerpted from: https://www.vectric.com/support/makerspace-sign-up
It seems to me that any number of Makerspace members can download the free edition with the proviso that it needs to be activated via the MakerspaceID. The "real" VCarve Makerspace Edition that can save toolpaths is limited to being installed on five machines at the Makerspace facility.

Of course, the last word goes to: support@vectric.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Makerspace Edition Questions

Post by martin54 »

This sort of question is better sent to Vectric support, the forum is mainly user to user & although there may be some people on the forum running the makerspace edition they still may not know the answers to your questions. Vetcric do look in on the forum but can sometimes miss posts which is why it would be better to contact then directly :lol: :lol:

support@vectric.com