Edit the size of a bunch of stars

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
dyn0bill
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: EZ Route 4x8/WinCNC

Edit the size of a bunch of stars

Post by dyn0bill »

Hello,

I have some stars that I want to make smaller. It says "To edit an existing shape hold down the shift" I tried about every sequence I could think of to select an existing star and change it's size.

I don't want to create a new star I want to change the size of existing one(s).

Thanks,

'til Valhalla

Willy
Attachments
Screen shot of star option
Screen shot of star option

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Edit the size of a bunch of stars

Post by highpockets »

With the Draw Star tool open, hold down the shift key, move the cursor over the star and left mouse click. The star will turn red. Now make any changes desired to the stars parameters in the Draw Star tool then click Apply.
John
Maker of Chips

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

I have never had the need to use the Draw Star function, but I see what Willy is saying. I just created several Stars and I am also trying to re-select those multiple Stars and it won't let me. First, I had selected all of them and then opened the Draw Star and they went unselected. Now while I was in the Draw Star, I tried to select just one and as soon as I clicked, it created a whole new Star. So something is fishy on the way it is acting. Willy, you might want to contact support@vectric.com and see if they can look into this. Let us know the results here...

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

No need to contact Vectric support on this.

dyn0bill: to expand a bit on highpockets's post, which works just fine, after you have pressed the SHIFT hover the "+" sign of the star cursor somewhere on the perimeter of the star (singular) then click to select.
To edit an existing shape hold down the shift
Shape and not shapes. You can't select multiple stars and change all at once.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

If you want to change the size of multiple stars then use the Set Size tool (shortcut key T). As pointed out the Star tool can only be used to resize one star at a time.

With the resize tool you can resize multiple items at the same time by using the Scale Items Individually mode that came in with V11. You can choose to set them all to the same size or reduce/enlarge by a percentage.

If you're using a version earlier than 11 then you can resize using the same tool but you have to use the percentage option and the stars will move as though they were one item rather than individual.

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Post by AboveCreations »

adze_cnc wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:32 am
No need to contact Vectric support on this.

dyn0bill: to expand a bit on highpockets's post, which works just fine, after you have pressed the SHIFT hover the "+" sign of the star cursor somewhere on the perimeter of the star (singular) then click to select.
To edit an existing shape hold down the shift
Shape and not shapes. You can't select multiple stars and change all at once.
Ok, I got it working too. Apparently my cursor may not have been precisely on the star line when I first tried.