Aspire's .vclipp files

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Elderoaklander
Model of CNC Machine: NextWave Automation Shark SD100

Aspire's .vclipp files

Post by Elderoaklander »

When I upgraded to VCarve Pro (ver 11), the install included a LOT of .exe's for vectors (clipart). After installing, the files are stored as .vclipp files in many folders.
Are these only intended for Aspire? That filetype (.vclipp) is not an import option in VCarve Pro.
I use Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw for design work, so have no need for Aspire.
I would, however, like to preview/use some of these vector files, but can't figure how to import them.
Even if the answer is "can't be done", I would appreciate knowing if this is do-able (or not).
Thanks everyone. ..don j

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Aspire's .vclipp files

Post by Adrian »

vclipp is the preview format for Clipart that is in the cloud. It works with VCarve and Aspire but it's not something you can import.

When you go to the Clipart tab it will display the clipart and the vclipp files are basically the ones with the grey download arrow in the corner. If you want to download the files as usable v3m files you need to right click on them and choose Download or drag/drop them into the 2D/3D View.

The exe files are basically install files for all the clipart downloads in one go. Once you've executed them they will install all the clipart V3M files in the relevant locations and the download arrows will no longer be displayed. The vclipp files will remain.

Elderoaklander
Model of CNC Machine: NextWave Automation Shark SD100

Post by Elderoaklander »

Adrian, I appreciate such a thorough answer.
My findings are a bit different, though. Apparently, .vclipp files are not just preview images, but proprietary files for the software running mylar sign cutting CNC machines (VinylMaster by iiFuture.com).
Funny thing is, I WAS able to find conversion software (Convertio) that accepts a .vclipp and spits out a vector of your choosing.
What is still unclear is why I need all those hundreds of files created by many .exe files, if I have to go to a "cloud" anyway.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You don't have to go to the cloud. You're misunderstanding.

By default the software comes with the vclipp (note the double p unlike the Vinyl Master ones) files which show the previews in the clipart tab. These are installed by the actual VCarve/Aspire exe file NOT the clipart exe files. These vclipp files are much, much smaller than the actual vector/model files which keeps the size of the main VCarve/Aspire installer download down.

However, if you have a PC running VCarve/Aspire that isn't connected to the internet, you have the option to download the clipart packs as exe files from another computer and transfer to the offline PC so you can install the actual clipart files there.

If the PC is connected to the internet then there really isn't any need to download those exe files at all as you can download from the clipart tab as and when you like.

When you run the exe you are creating .crv (for 2D clipart) and .v3m (for 3D clipart) in the relevant Clipart folder in the Public Documents\Vectric Files folder.

rssweet
Model of CNC Machine: tbd

Post by rssweet »

I am new to the Aspire software. I downloaded the files from Vectric and for example, in the 3d Tabs directory, I see (3) 3d Tabs only, nothing else. When I check the directory I see many vclipp files. But I see none of them in any format in my clip art tab. Curious as to why I cannot access them or if they are even meant to be accessed in Aspire 11.5.
Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You should be able to see all the clipart you're entitled to in the Clipart tab. You need to click on the Clipart folder in the Library Browser tan on the Clipart tab and expand the categories.

Clipart that is in the cloud and not on your local drive will show with an arrow in the bottom right hand corner. You may need to click the cloud and refresh icons on the tab to see them.

rssweet

Post by rssweet »

I did try the cloud refresh and I get no other icons than the three I referenced. I also downloaded the file again with the same result.
Since I left the last message, I reviewed all of my Clip art directory files and noticed the vclipp files are mostly matched with corresponding V3M or 3dClip files but not always. It seems, I can always view V3m and 3dClip files in the clip art tab without corresponding VClipp files. So I am assuming the VClipp files are not viewable at all in Aspire 11.5, cloud refresh or not.
It is curious so many VClipp files were downloaded in my install if they are not usable.
Thanks

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

rssweet wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:09 pm
I did try the cloud refresh and I get no other icons than the three I referenced. I also downloaded the file again with the same result.
Since I left the last message, I reviewed all of my Clip art directory files and noticed the vclipp files are mostly matched with corresponding V3M or 3dClip files but not always. It seems, I can always view V3m and 3dClip files in the clip art tab without corresponding VClipp files. So I am assuming the VClipp files are not viewable at all in Aspire 11.5, cloud refresh or not.
It is curious so many VClipp files were downloaded in my install if they are not usable.
Thanks
Hello rssweet,
VClipp files contain the thumbnail of the the clipart file that is used to display in the clipart tab, until the actual clipart file (e.g. v3m or 3dclip) is downloaded. Since you're saying that the cloud refresh didn't work for you, have you logged in the software itself? If you have logged in already and it is still not working then please contact support@vectric.com and our support team will help you.

Greg K

rssweet

Post by rssweet »

Greg, Thanks,
I exited the program and restarted, the Cloud Download then updated all of the Clip art images to reflect the VClipp files. I had updated the cloud button before but is seems to work fine now.
Obviously some sort of newbie operator error.
Thanks again, problem is solved.