UCCNC Post Processor

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

UCCNC Post Processor

Post by naijin »

Hi there, I am using UCCNC software on my home made cnc router, I have decided to add a rotary axis but I see there is no UCCNC post processor for rotary axis, which compatible pp should I use? :D

Cheers

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Re: UCCNC Post Processor

Post by Tailmaker »

Might be easier to copy/edit you current PP.
Give it a new name and add the single line that translates linear motion into rotation like the following.
The save with a new file name as well to your MyPostP folder.

+================================================

POST_NAME = "G-Code Rotary (mm) (*.tap)"

FILE_EXTENSION = "tap"

UNITS = "MM"

ROTARY_WRAP_Y = "A"
Puzzle, Finger Joint, Maze and Guilloche freeware at https://fabrikisto.com/tailmaker-software/

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Before there were any post processors for UCCNC I use to use the mach3 post processor, don't have a rotary axis so never tried the wrap posts for mach3 but the others seemed to work OK,
Don't know what the differences are between the mach3 posts & UCCNC posts as I know nothing about gcode or how the control software works, one of those things that I have always meant to spend a bit of time learning & still haven't got around to. :lol: :lol:

If you are going to try a different post processor then run it on an air cut & have your hand hovering over the emergency stop, best thing really would be to have the correct rotary pp for your control software, UCCNC have a forum so might be worth asking on there about a vectric pp for rotary. :lol: :lol:

pviljoen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AvidCNC

Post by pviljoen »

I used the GCode pre-processor and it works fine.
steps.png