Interesting Vector Duplicate Dilemma

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Interesting Vector Duplicate Dilemma

Post by sharkcutup »

Concerning Duplicate Vectors (using V-Carve Pro Version 11.007)

When checking for duplicate vectors versus the right click >Selection > Select All Duplicate Vectors
Screenshot 2021-09-27 154257.png
The above selection process does not find all duplicate vectors - (read on)

A same size (length) straight line vector on top of each other (duplicate) in opposite directions (Node Edit Mode) to the software program is not considered a Duplicate vector for each same size (length) straight line vector is going in an opposite direction. But if both same size (length) straight line vectors are going in the same direction (Node Edit Mode) then they are considered duplicates to the software program.

So I have found (above) and also I have found that in order to check for all same size (length) straight line vector duplicates it becomes necessary to use both the above mentioned feature and the Vector Validator (for "Overlaps").
Screenshot 2021-09-27 161014.png
Can anyone offer another solution to finding same size (length) straight line vector duplicates?
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.004

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Interesting Vector Duplicate Dilemma

Post by martin54 »

Zoom in a bit & look :lol: :lol: A single vector will show as a dotted line when selected, if another vector is lying on top of it then it does not, of course if the vectors are grouped then they will show as a solid line but the tool doesn't work with grouped vectors anyway :lol: :lol:

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Interesting Vector Duplicate Dilemma

Post by adze_cnc »

I tested this out on v9.519 (see below) and got similar results to you.

In the file one pair of lines were drawn with the same start point. The second pair had start and end points reversed. The lines with the same start and end point are identified as being duplicates. The others not.

The two rectangles are interesting. I drew one. Copied and pasted in place. Used node edit to add a node and made that the start point. So, one has one extra node and a different start point but VCarve recognizes them as duplicates of each other.
Attachments
dups.crv
VCarve v9.519
(20 KiB) Downloaded 24 times