I am new and dont hear what I am looking for?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jnovosel96706
Model of CNC Machine: Sharpko 3 XXL

I am new and dont hear what I am looking for?

Post by jnovosel96706 »

I have vcarve desktop and have designed several items and tried to use the vtransfer to interface with my machine, but unlike some other download software. I cant pause only stop and it feels like I am restricted in what I can do in Vtransfer. Can anyone tell me the best software to interface to cut my projects?

John

AboveCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: i2r B22

Re: I am new and dont hear what I am looking for?

Post by AboveCreations »

I've never tried vtransfer and quite honestly, I have never found a good reason to try it. I create a toolpath file for mach3 and use the mach3 to control the carves and cuts. I am not sure it is the best way, but it has always worked for me. mach3 can be intimidating at first. But after getting use to it over time, it is my best solution. Many others use mach3, so there is a wealth of support on here. If you prefer, mach3 have their own support forum too. They also now have mach4, but I've never had a need to try it either. Sorry I can't be much more help than that.

Tex_Lawrence
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko3XXL; JTech7W; V-CarvePro 11.554

Re: I am new and dont hear what I am looking for?

Post by Tex_Lawrence »

John, since you have a Shapeoko CNC, you already have what you need to make your machine work ... Carbide Motion (the driver software that comes with the machine in case that brand name gets suppressed by the forum.)

You don't need to use Vtransfer at all. Just figure out how to pick up your "Saved" gcode file from CM.

Perhaps you have other reasons to use Vtransfer?

PS. Your profile lists your machine as a "Sharpco".
Tex — Crooked Wood Products
Now there's a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here.