Using Nesting option with multiple toolpaths

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
monlover
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech 4X8 with 8 tool

Using Nesting option with multiple toolpaths

Post by monlover »

Hi
I was asked to cut specific numbers of the attached shapes and some of them has two or three holes with different diameters,
so I guess the nesting option is the best way to accomplish this. so I went ahead and grouped the similar operations together and selected the three shapes and start nesting option but what happened as you can see all operations ware ungrouped so it is close impossible to go over almost 6 sheets and select similar groups of toolpaths
is this wrong way to do it or how we can accomplish this task
also the reset preview button is grayed out and I am stuck with the attached screen and can not go back to view ONE sheet again
your help is greatly appreciated thank you very much
Attachments
Nesting.PNG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Using Nesting option with multiple toolpaths

Post by Adrian »

Use automatic toolpath association with layers.

For each toolpath create a layer. Now put the vectors onto the relevant toolpath layer. In the toolpaths go to the bottom of the form and where it says Vector Selection click on the Selector button. Check associate with toolpath and select the relevant layer from the list.

Now after you have done the nest you just need to click the Recalculate All button on the toolpath tab and the toolpaths will be created.

Depending on your desired workflow you may need to switch the value of "Select sheets when edit toolpath" under Edit/Options.

The Mass Production Tools section in the tutorials covers using automatic association.

monlover
Vectric Craftsman

Post by monlover »

Hi Adrian,
ok i will try it but how to reset the screen? now i have the 7 sheets one is active and the rest is not, under nesting/ the reset preview is gray.
and if i select each sheet and delete the shapes still sheets will not deleted!!
Thank you.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You delete sheets from the Sheets tab.

monlover
Vectric Craftsman

Post by monlover »

vector selection is a great option ( if it works) , but looks like my vcarve 11.007 has a glitch, I made Shure group every seemlier holes or operation in separate layer, and as soon as i move to the toolpath side and click on vector selector, i find out operation got mixed together, for example i have 2 sizes of drill holes, and a profile, as soon as i click on vector selector, i find out the similar operations is not grouped .
any more.
Any thoughts?
thank you for the sheet tab hint.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You're doing something wrong but I don't know what from your description other than you're not selecting the vectors properly when moving them to layers.

Have a look at the attached example file and see if that makes things clearer for you.
Attachments
Nest Example.crv
(215 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

monlover
Vectric Craftsman

Post by monlover »

HI Adrian and thank you very much for your help and patient,
your attached file solve it,
I should NOT group the vectors before moving it to layer.
I ungrouped all vectors, select the similar vectors, move them to layer without grouping and that solved the problem, each time i click on layer at the selector level, it select only the operation that I want to deal with.
Thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it.