Calculate to 3d screen

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Calculate to 3d screen

Post by Robroy »

Hello forum, I have a question. I have vcarve pro for my shop and I use the software at 3 other locations (their software). At one of the locations, when you hit the calculate button it does not go to the 3d screen. This location's software is Aspire instead of vcarve, so I do not know if Aspire behaves differently. I would assume that both software would behave the same. With the Aspire version, you hit calculate and it is as though nothing happens. If I hit the close button next to calculate, then I see the toolpath that was just created. Is there a way to have it close automatically after calculate like all the other instances of vectric that I use?

Thanks in advance.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Re: Calculate to 3d screen

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Click on the edit menu at the top of the screen then click on options. Scroll down to "Toolpath Settings". Set "Auto Open 3D View" to "Yes" .
Steve

Robroy
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Pacer 5010

Post by Robroy »

Thank you for the help Steve. That works. Is there a way that we can calculate and just go back out to the 2D screen? Going to the 3D screen is not preferred, but at least it took you out of the screen where you were calculating. So this way we can hit calculate and go right into the next toolpath we are trying to work on.

Thanks again.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Robroy wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:39 pm
Thank you for the help Steve. That works. Is there a way that we can calculate and just go back out to the 2D screen? Going to the 3D screen is not preferred, but at least it took you out of the screen where you were calculating. So this way we can hit calculate and go right into the next toolpath we are trying to work on.

Thanks again.
You can't make it go straight to the 2D screen AFAIK. It's either straight to 3D (Auto Open 3D View = Yes) or stay in the form (Auto Open 3D View=No).

If you have it set to Yes you can use both behaviours by holding down the Ctrl key when pressing Calculate and that will make it behave as though it was set to No.

You can add the toolpath operations to the preview window by setting "Show toolpath operations with preview" to Yes which may help depending on your workflow. You will need a decent amount of vertical screen resolution for that though.

Another think to look at if you're looking for efficient working methods is job templates and toolpath templates. Other than creating toolpaths for helping out on the forum I can't remember the last time I calculated a toolpath for work by using the manual calculate button. I just create the vectors and press the Recalculate All button and I'm done directly from the templates.