Applying toolpaths to all sheets without saving as template?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Mark Bolton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre408PRO-10HPHSD-10posATC-WinCNC

Applying toolpaths to all sheets without saving as template?

Post by Mark Bolton »

Sorry as Ive been reading throught the archives and know these questions come up over and over but Im wondering if there is a simple way to apply a bunch of one-of toolpaths to sheets without the step of saving them as a template and bringing them back in? For instance a one-of job that will never be run again, 50 various parts spread over several sheets, some needed all, some only needing a couple or one of the toolpaths. Import the vectors, nest, do all the toolpathing associated with layers, and then to apply those to all the sheets but it seems no matter what any type of recalculate only applies to the first sheet?

I have been saving as a template in the jobs file, deleting the toolpaths, and bringing in the template and applying to all sheets but that is additional unneeded steps, requires me then having to delete the template, and so on. I am working hard to reduce my burden of saving/and having to delete, all the one-time-use files and moving to a bit more cloud backup/storage so reducing the number of files that are sync'd up and down from the cloud as well as the number of files that I have to remember to go back and delete is a nuisance.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Applying toolpaths to all sheets without saving as template?

Post by Adrian »

What do you have "Select sheet when edit toolpath" set to in Options?

If it's Yes then the toolpaths will associate with the sheet they were created on and will stay there if you do a Recalculate All etc. If it's No then they will be created for the current sheet instead.

Mark Bolton
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre408PRO-10HPHSD-10posATC-WinCNC

Post by Mark Bolton »

Your the man Adrian. That seems to have at least gotten me to where I can calculate for each sheet. I do miss the apply toolpath to all sheets gadget/option where without saving as a template it would generate sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc.. But this will work.

jfederer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CanCam D23M

Post by jfederer »

I ran into the same thing today. Adrian's answer doesn't really help me, although it's good to know. Only a few of my toolpaths are common to several sheets, so creating them individually or using templates isn't that big a deal this time. I can see how it would get tedious on some projects though.
Joe Federer

www.fabrikisto.com incl. Tailmaker software
www.federer.ca

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You only have to create the toolpaths once though. When you recalculate all then they "move" to the active sheet if there are any matching vectors. They have to be associated with vectors and set to automatic but that's always been standard procedure when using sheets.

Jim Sinacola
Model of CNC Machine: Gatton CNC

Post by Jim Sinacola »

Adrian wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:52 pm
What do you have "Select sheet when edit toolpath" set to in Options?

If it's Yes then the toolpaths will associate with the sheet they were created on and will stay there if you do a Recalculate All etc. If it's No then they will be created for the current sheet instead.
Adrian, where do I need to go to perform the above? I can't find: "What do you have "Select sheet when edit toolpath" set to in Options?"
I use Aspire 11 and this is my first attempt to use the sheets option. I am making over sized chess pieces on a rotary axis and can't figure how to get the toolpaths for each sheet as they are all the same toolpaths.

Regards
Jim Sinacola

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Jim Sinacola wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:15 am

Adrian, where do I need to go to perform the above? I can't find: "What do you have "Select sheet when edit toolpath" set to in Options?"
I use Aspire 11 and this is my first attempt to use the sheets option. I am making over sized chess pieces on a rotary axis and can't figure how to get the toolpaths for each sheet as they are all the same toolpaths.

Regards
Jim Sinacola
It's in the Options section on the Edit menu. Within the Options it's within the Toolpath Settings section.

Jim Sinacola
Model of CNC Machine: Gatton CNC

Post by Jim Sinacola »

Thank you!