Parallels desktop on MacBook Pro

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
JimmyJ
Model of CNC Machine: sidewinder cnc

Parallels desktop on MacBook Pro

Post by JimmyJ »

I am using vcarve pro 10.5 on a MacBook Pro running the latest version of Parallels Desktop. I have a problem with some keys not working when using vcarve pro. Specifically F9 to center in material and the delete key to delete vectors in a design. To delete I have to right click and delete. Also the mouse scroll works backwards. I tried reversing it and it worked but then it was reversed on the Mac side. Another problem is there is no sound in windows unless I reload parallels tool box every time I switch from Mac to windows. Has anyone else had any of these problems and if so how did you fix them.
Thanks
Jimmy

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Parallels desktop on MacBook Pro

Post by adze_cnc »

There's probably ways to alter the mapping of keyboard keys between macOS and the emulated Windows in Parallels but I couldn't tell you how.

What you'll probably need to do for the F9 and the Delete is use the "Fn" key in combination. So, press and hold Fn then press F9 for centre. Press and hold Fn then press the Backspace (left arrow above the Enter key) to delete.

As for the scrolling you might check out this: reverse windows scroll direction Beware! Editing the Registry is something that should be done with care and attention to detail otherwise you could mess things up bad.

Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Wayne Locke »

f9. I don't know. It doesn't work on an IMac. The Mac delete key doesn't work either. I have never explored a solution because the other delete key ( down and over from delete) on an extended keyboard works though a MacPlus doesn't have an extended keyboard.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Wayne Locke wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pm
f9. I don't know. It doesn't work on an IMac. The Mac delete key doesn't work either.
What is "doesn't work"? Doesn't work if you only press the F9 key? Doesn't work if you press both the Fn and the F9 as I mentioned above?

Try this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/114309

Wayne Locke
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Wayne Locke »

Does not work when pressed with or without f9.

JimmyJ
Model of CNC Machine: sidewinder cnc

Post by JimmyJ »

Thanks for the reply. I got the f9 to work by checking a box in system preferences under keyboard to use f1, f2 etc as normal. Delete works us in fn + delete. appreciate the help.

Jimmy