Anoying Multi Sheet Nesting V11

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
signs 2 signs
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4010 7G ATC , AXYZ 6010 7G ATC'

Anoying Multi Sheet Nesting V11

Post by signs 2 signs »

Hello
I have a major anoyance with the new multi sheet nesting in V11
Yes it does have its benifits which are great for differant material but......
standard nesting is causing me problems
i think sheet 1 should be DEFAULT sheet as per previous versions
then when nesting multi sheets sheet 1 would techinialy be sheet 1 and my toolpath templates would work as previous versions
now s1 is the default sheet sheet 2 is actualy sheet 1 on my toolpath templates dont like this
yes i can change sheet 1 to sheet 0 but for every job its labourious
Anyone else find this anoying ? :evil:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Anoying Multi Sheet Nesting V11

Post by Adrian »

One thing that you can do, as suggested on the other thread on this subject (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38054), is to use a job template instead.

Personally I always rename the starting sheets. I generally start with two in the list but sometimes it can be as many as five depending on how many part sheets I have. The first sheet is then the first in the list with no number and the rest follow on from there. Having a sheet called Default as before would be odd in that situation.

signs 2 signs
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4010 7G ATC , AXYZ 6010 7G ATC'

Post by signs 2 signs »

Thanks for the reply Adrian
Yes i can make it work but its a complete pain and the nesting function was the only reason i upgraded :evil:
Templates dont work for me as im always using someone elese artwork and most of the time its going to be cut from atleat 2 sheets
My work flow is
Open customers artwork(PDF ADOBE DXF... > Draw/Tool (i have custom Gadget that loads layers/toolpaths) > Nest > Load Toolpath Template

i just dont understand why the first sheet of nesting is actually sheet 2

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I cut from other peoples drawings a great deal. Probably 70% of the work. I've used templates exclusively for years now before they became their own special file type. There are huge advantages. You have all the layers setup the way you want them, no danger of a setting being mixed up from another job loaded before, toolpaths present and correct etc etc.

All you would have to do on your workflow is to start VCarve using the template (or start VCarve and open the template) and then import the customers artwork and go from there. You also save the step of loading the toolpath template at the end as you can have the toolpaths in the job template already.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

The folks on the forum have done their best to clarify the behavior and to provide a workaround. At this point if you really don't like the behavior, your best bet is to contact Vectric at support@vectric.com. We can't do anything more about it, and complaining here is not the best way to influence changes to the software.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

I understand all the fuss about the sheet naming/nesting etc.... but there is a BRIGHT SIDE to this --- :idea:

You can rename sheet 1 to 0 and then perform all your necessary operations with nesting etc... Sheet 0 is now blank sitting unused taking up space --- can be used to add any important notes about the file using text on this sheet.. The file can then be saved with this sheet open so that that information appears from the very start for anyone who opens that file.

Just an opinion/thought!!!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554