Image shifting in VCarve 11

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Pretzel Logic
Model of CNC Machine: CNC4Newbies

Image shifting in VCarve 11

Post by Pretzel Logic »

I am relatively new to VCarve (6 months) so the problem might be me but I have noticed something since the update to version 11. I downloaded an image an am currently tracing the outline using Vcarve pro. Every time I reopen the image to continue working I notice that the lines have shifted from where I traced them over the image. I'm not to the point of carving yet so I don't know if this is going to mess up the carve. The image is a combination of lines and text and the lines are all shifted to the right about 1" according to the scale in the software. Do I have something set incorrectly or is this a bug in the software. I've been working on this image for a week and probably have another week to finish. I don't want this to be an colossal waste of time(although it might be anyway). Any suggestions?

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Image shifting in VCarve 11

Post by sharkcutup »

Can you post a copy of your file here provided no copyright material is enclosed? If that is the case then images/screenshots/photos would be the next big help in the forum members being able to solve your issue rather than random guessing.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Can't think of any reason or setting that would cause that sort of thing to happen & its certainly not something I have noticed personally, just tried a quick test & everything seems to be the same for me, Maybe consider sending the file to Vectric support if you are unable to post it on the forum because of copyright :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretzel Logic
Model of CNC Machine: CNC4Newbies

Post by Pretzel Logic »

I guess first thing I need to do is apologize. Being new to this I thought it was the software. What was actually happening is I was inadvertently dragging the image off the lines while working on various areas of the image. Figured it out last night so again Thank you for the help and apologize for wasting everyone's time.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

No need to say sorry, we all make mistakes, its a part of being human :lol: :lol: :lol:
So here is what you can do to help prevent this in the future. After you have imported your bitmap select the layers tab at the top of the screen, hover your mouse over the box at the end of the bitmap layer & use the right click, on the drop down list select lock.
Your bit map will now be locked in position & you won't be able to move it by accident :lol: :lol: :lol: