Version 11 Frustration

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
LGiannone
Model of CNC Machine: MillRight X-Carve

Version 11 Frustration

Post by LGiannone »

I upgraded to Version 11 and my tools are there but none of the settings carried over. I think I found a solution in the forum but have to get to my other computer to try it. Anyone else had that issue. Also the bigger concern is that when I go to save the toolpath it will no longer allow me to check the box to send it directly to the machine. Is there something I need to do? I have check all my settings. And lastly since I could not save it directly to the machine, I saved the .grbl file and then loaded it into VTransfer. I was able to finish my project but had to do a lot of work arounds to get the machine to cooperate. It would not go to the proper X, Y, Z coordinates when I home'd the machine. I have to turn turn off my CNC Machine and restart VTransfer to get it to operate correctly. So I am just curious if anyone else is experiencing these same issues and if you have found a resolution. In the mean time I am going back to the 10.5 Version with VTransfer and I had no issues with those versions. TIA Larry

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Re: Version 11 Frustration

Post by mohamed »

Probably need to narrow some things down here,

What settings weren't carried over? Did you use the Migration Dialog if it's the same PC?

Are you using the same post-p in both versions? We're unable to carry over the settings for the selected post-p because of some major changes in the new version. Simply selecting that (or associating it with a machine) and using it should be no different though. What is the post-p name in both V10 and V11? Is it a custom post?

Did you install the latest V-Transfer which comes with V11? You'll find it in the Program Files folder. That'll still work with V10 as well.

I'm not entirely sure what the difference in behaviour between running the file vs. direct output to V-Transfer, but that in itself shouldn't cause this issue.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

LGiannone

Post by LGiannone »

Mohamed:

Thank you for your help...is it possible to redo the migration dialog after it is already installed?
I am using Grbl(inch)(*.gcode) post processor.
Using the same computer as with 10.5 and really do not know why the machine is acting up. Works OK with the older version of the VTransfer software with the same post-p. Maybe uninstall and reinstall everything? Your thoughts?

Could having both versions on the same computer be causing an issue?

How about not being able to mark the check box allowing me to send the G-code directly to the machine. It works in 10.5

I appreciate your comments and help.

Larry

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

You can use the migrate from older version at any time. It is under the help tab at the top of the screen :lol: :lol:

LGiannone

Post by LGiannone »

Thanks Martin for the update on how to Migrate.

Here is an update on my end. I found out that when saving the toolpath the "Output to Machine" only works with *.txt' post processors and not *.tap or *.grbl.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this, worked in the older version and I used that all the time.

Thanks in advance.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Have you tried installing or reinstalling the latest version of v transfer? Not something I have ever used so can't help much with that. The other thing I was going to mention was about your settings not being carried over, check all the different types of material listed as my settings were there for some but not for every material type I previously had set up.

SameAs
Model of CNC Machine: Avid 48x48

Post by SameAs »

Lgiannone, I had same issue with tool settings after reinstalling v10x. They are linked to both material and machine; after making sure both the machine And materials set correctly all tool settings from my old tool database reappear.
HTH

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

LGiannone wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:16 am
Thanks Martin for the update on how to Migrate.

Here is an update on my end. I found out that when saving the toolpath the "Output to Machine" only works with *.txt' post processors and not *.tap or *.grbl.

Anyone know if there is a fix for this, worked in the older version and I used that all the time.

Thanks in advance.
It's possible that you were using a custom post. Do you have the post-p you were using in 10.5, and was it in the My_PostP folder (as opposed to PostP)? If that is the case, that post would appear in V11 with a little pencil next to it (indicating it's a custom post). If so, please make sure you're using that and not the Vectric shipped one (they can both have the same name but one will have a pencil indicating it's a custom post)... That is all assuming it's a custom post you are using, that's all I can think of at the moment.
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++