Unable to upload or download tool database

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Christopher Leech
Model of CNC Machine: AccTek 6012

Unable to upload or download tool database

Post by Christopher Leech »

I am sure at some point I was able to successfully upload my current complete tool database to the cloud. After all it makes sense to protect the info and thetime it takes to fine tune. Alos good if you have the need to use it in another locale ie. my shop computer. Recently I updated my PC in the shop with my new upgrade from Desktop to VCP and currently I have been unable to sync tool database.
As a work around I have been using Dropbox instead after creating a VTDB file. It is just not the same thing.
I have no problems logging in.
Currently every attempt to sync in either direction fails.

Any guesses as to why?
regards, chris

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Unable to upload or download tool database

Post by martin54 »

Might be best to contact vectric support directly, how did you register the software in the shop? Did you do it online? When you open the tool database do you get the 2 icons to upload & download the tool database, I know if I am at my workshop I have no internet connection so have to tether my pnone to the computer, this does sometimes give me problems with the connection :lol: :lol:

Christopher Leech
Model of CNC Machine: AccTek 6012

Post by Christopher Leech »

Hey Martin, thanks for your reply.
I do have an internet connection in the shop. Achieved with powerline extender which worked better than I expected.
I really can't remember how I registered the software. Too many projects. Stuff like that is done like a knee-jerk and one doesn't "register" these obvious actions in the old (very old) memory banks.
I know at one point I had success at uploading the database. Pretty confident anyway :-)
I can't upload from any computer running the software right now which is puzzling.
I just wanted to touch base with the community, and you have proved that it exists.
So thanks for that at least.
I guess its a matter for an email.

regards

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Reason I asked how you registered it was because if you had done it online then you have to give permission to conect, I wonder if maybe your anti virus software is preventing the upload/download :lol: :lol: :lol:

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

If you could send your log files to support@vectric.com please, we may be able to track down the issue
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++