A Frustration.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ElderlyGent
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

A Frustration.

Post by ElderlyGent »

Good morning all.

I spend many happy hous in my shed with the CNC doing its thing, all very nice and satisfying, along with time spent creating all those toolpaths etc etc. However, I also look at the monthly freebies and think how I would like to have a go at some of them.

Then that little frustrration kick in. That latest one, the mirror. It appeals to me as it is all 2D but looking at the Board Requirements it needs to be 24 ins long,

When I started CNCing I bought a Next Wave Piranhs as I was not sure if I could find my way through the learning curve, I shouhd have gone bigger, The Piranha has a small working are, about 11 ins square, so many of the freebies are just too big, I have tried reducing them which works after a fashion. but to reduce the mirror would just not be right,

I think I might be able to do an end for end but to clamp it correctly would be a real problem, it, the piece would overhang the table by a foot.

OK I will leave it there, wondering if there are others on the forum who have the same problem and how they overcome it.
In the past I have asked for solutions on here and always had great help, for which again my thanks,
Stay safe and well.

EG, AKA Drew.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: A FRUSTRATION.

Post by Leo »

Drew,

Watch tutorials on "tiling".
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC