tiling Manager

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
zeighty
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

tiling Manager

Post by zeighty »

I am at my wits end. I made a mistake on a project and had to flip part of the vectors to the other side of the board. I had stuff on the left and it needed to be on the right. Because I use a 12x by 24y machine it requires me to rotated material and all my vectors 90 degrees. No problem.
Before I did the flip of vectors mentioned above I used Tiling tool path and set T1 to 20" and was able to set T2 to 12". For some unexplainable reason it will not allow me to do that once I did the flip of vectors to the other side. It does not matter if I use "individual Tiles" or Feed-through in Y it keeps the T1 at 20". If I try switching to T2 and put 12" in I end of with 3 tiles.
I am cutting a "river" for epoxy in the board and I need the 20" for the River tool path. The other 12" has a profile tool path.

I tried changing the Active Tile but it did not help.

I would think you could use individual tiles and make them any length (height) you wanted.

Please help. Thank you in advance. Time is valuable and I appreciate any info that will lead to success.

Charlie_l
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Re: tiling Manager

Post by Charlie_l »

Not sure if this applies but the x and y zeros have to be in the lower left hand corner. Did that change?
Charlie
Aspire, CAMaster Stinger II

zeighty
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Re: tiling Manager

Post by zeighty »

Thanks for your response.
That did not change. I really has me stumped. One of the things I left out of the original post:

The 20" in the incorrect version of my drawing was at the bottom and the 12 inches were at the top.
That will be reversed with the changes I made if and when I can get the tiling manager to cooperate.

The bottom in this case is due to my machine. It is actually the left side of the project.