This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: new user not sure where to start

Post by gkas »

kfosh wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:32 pm
that looks really nice how deep are the cuts i don't know how to see it i see what bits you used
Take a look at the toolpaths. He did a Vcarve on the letters with a 60° Vbit. The width of the letters determines the depth of the cut. Hover over the toolpath name and you will see the max cut depth. The connecting lines are at a flat depth of 0.05 'on the line' with the same vbit. The holes are defined as 0.24, and are cut with an inside profile with a 1/8" bit.

I highly recommend that you watch some of the beginner tutorials (then watch the rest). I guarantee that they will save you much grief and wasted time.

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

To view the toolpaths setup, double click on the toolpath name and that will bring up the toolpath setup screen. On the left side there will be lines (vectors) in red that are associated with the toolpath. Text fonts are usually made up of 2 lines separated by a small space. That space determines how deep the v-bit will plunge to fill up the space. Therefore, no depth can be set for v-carve toolpaths.
Steve

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

To Clarify / Explain a little about the V-Carve Toolpath.

Reference the image below as I explain each outcome --

The first is Arial Black Fonts Using a Profile Toolpath with a V-bit On the Vector with a Cut depth(C) setting of 1/16"

The Second is V-CARVE Toolpath with none Flat Depth(F) (The Width of the vectors of each character determines the depth of cut (DOC)

The Third is V-Carve Toolpath with none Flat Depth(F) checked (box left) and 1/16" in box. Note: there is no "V" bottoms in any of the characters the flat depth(F) restricted the depth of the v-bit.
Note: If you click on and off the box left of the Words Flat Depth(F) and watch the little image to the left there you can see the difference in the bottoms watching that little image change!!

Note Single Line Fonts Here ---- This fourth is a Profile Toolpath On the Vector with a Cut depth(C) setting of 1/16"

Hope this helps!!!
Using Vbit.png
Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Just to add to the previous Post --- A 90 Degree .5 cutting height V-bit was used to carve the simulation image.

And as stated by a previous poster it might be beneficial to review the Tutorial videos at the Vectric website!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554