Creating a custom tool library

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sshawl
Model of CNC Machine: i2R Executive Series 8

Creating a custom tool library

Post by sshawl »

Hi all. I am new here and just getting started with VCarve Pro. I have about 10 Amana bits that I would like to put into a custom tool library. I downloaded the Amana tool library and as I am sure you all know it is huge and difficult to find part numbers since they aren't sequentially listed.

So I created a new tool library named "Steve's bits". What I can't seem to figure out is how I can copy bits from the Amana tool library into "Steve's bits". I see the copy function button in the tool database but highlighting a bit in the Amana tool library and clicking the copy button just greys out the selected bit. I don't see a "paste" like function. Help!

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but I didn't see it anywhere.

Thanks!
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Creating a custom tool library

Post by Adrian »

Tools are linked to material (left of the tool database dialog) and machines (right of the toolpath dialog). Tools will be greyed out until you've created settings for the material/machine combination you currently have selected.

Watch the tutorial on it to understand how it works as it's very easy to tie yourself in knots unless you understand the basic concepts:-

https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... ral_Topics

sshawl
Model of CNC Machine: i2R Executive Series 8

Re: Creating a custom tool library

Post by sshawl »

Thank you Adrian. Very helpful. Greatly appreciated.

Steve