Macro

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Macro

Post by naijin »

Hi there, just wondering are there any tutorials on how to compose macro files?

Regards
Nick :D

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Macro

Post by Adrian »

Do you mean Gadgets? There are no macros in VCarve.

if you mean Gadgets then you can go to the https://gadgets.vectric.com website and download the SDK which has documentation and examples. You will need to know the LUA programming language though.

naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Post by naijin »

Oops!! my apologies :oops: wrong forum should be in UCCNC.

Regards
Nick

ken.gentry
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's CNC 4x4

Post by ken.gentry »

I watched some of the Gadget programming tutorial the other day. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm really on the fence of upgrading to VCarve Pro when V11 arrives or just upgrading my Desktop license. While my CNC is 48x48 my jobs are 24x24 or less. Maybe with an unlimited cut size I might find new projects to pursue but who knows.

Are Gadgets and other Pro features useful enough to justify the $350 upgrade price?

Ken

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

ken.gentry wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:10 pm
I watched some of the Gadget programming tutorial the other day. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm really on the fence of upgrading to VCarve Pro when V11 arrives or just upgrading my Desktop license. While my CNC is 48x48 my jobs are 24x24 or less. Maybe with an unlimited cut size I might find new projects to pursue but who knows.

Are Gadgets and other Pro features useful enough to justify the $350 upgrade price?

Ken
That is really a question only you can answer :lol: :lol: :lol: You could download a trial version of vcarve pro & have a look for yourself. From a personal point of view I would want the software to support the maximum size my machine could cut so would upgrade.
Guess a lot will depend on what you use your CNC machine for, I've done both large & small projects, can't say I have really used a lot of the gadgets but there are those on the forum that wouldn't be without them. :lol: :lol: