Too many fonts

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Re: Too many fonts

Post by Greolt »

So if the @ means that it supports asian languages, why does it make the text vertical?

For an example, I have both "Adobe Gothic Std B" and "@Adobe Gothic Std B" in the drop down font list.

They are both the same font just that the @ one aligns vertically.

All the other "@" fonts also have a standard equivalent in the drop down list.

There is no "@Adobe Gothic Std B" in the windows font folder.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Chinese, Japanese and Korean are traditionally written in vertical columns. It looks odd using the font with the Western characters but with the script characters in the same font it isn't.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Greolt wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:53 am
Similar to the OP's question I get many fonts at the top of the list, starting with the @ symbol.

These fonts just align vertically rather than horizontal. I never use them.

No other program that I use shows these fonts. They do not appear in the windows font folder.

Can I get rid of them?
I don't find them useful personally either but sure some users will, If you have fonts that you use on a regular basis these will show above the fonts with an @ at the front. You can increase the number of fonts in that list which will give you a better selection before the @ fonts start to show :lol: :lol:

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

I intrigues me as to why Vectric is the only software that I have ever used that lists both "@Clementine" and "Clementine"

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Greolt wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:13 am
I intrigues me as to why Vectric is the only software that I have ever used that lists both "@Clementine" and "Clementine"
It's not something that I have ever come across either but then there are lots of software programs that I have never seen :lol: :lol:
I don't know the reason for it, maybe one of the Vectric staff will read this thread & explain further, it's not something that I use either, if I am working with text I would work with horizontal text & then when I had it the way I wanted it rotate it by 90 degrees, I try to work with the included text module where I can but there are times when I use my signmaking software for working with text & then once I am completely happy export as an eps & import into the vectric software :lol: :lol: :lol: