Vision 2550 with V4 controller Z depth not changing

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Jonnie Walker
Model of CNC Machine: Vision 2550

Vision 2550 with V4 controller Z depth not changing

Post by Jonnie Walker »

I purchased a used Vision 2550 Router at an auction and have had great success cutting 2d tools paths with their in house software. Looking to up my game a bit I originally looked to export tool paths from other software but they don't support have a post processor that is supported. This brought me to purchasing Vcarve Pro which has been commonly used with the Vison machines.

I have created tool paths, moved them to the machine using the appropriate processor successfully. The machine shows the tool path on the pendant accurately. I then set my home and zero height and off we go. The machine moves to position, and runs the tools path perfectly, however the cutter never enters the work piece. Something like a roughing pass that would have three depths of clearance showing in the model will complete all three cuts, but never drop in Z.

I have had Visions technical support look at it, but they are not familiar enough with the V-carve software to be able to figure out the problem. I am wondering if anyone here is currently using a Vision router with the V-carve software and experienced similar problems?

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: Vision 2550 with V4 controller Z depth not changing

Post by adze_cnc »

Is your VCarve project file in inches but the Vision 2550 is set to mm ? If so telling the machine to go 1/8” will make it go 0.125mm (a small amount indeed).

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Vision 2550 with V4 controller Z depth not changing

Post by Rcnewcomb »

What post processor are you selecting in VCarve to generate and save the toolpaths?
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop