Vcarve Pro Update losses tool database

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
badwolfe
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XL

Vcarve Pro Update losses tool database

Post by badwolfe »

I updated my Vcarve Pro today with patch from Vectric. After updating I noticed my tool database has lost all of my tools that I input. It also happened on my last update. What am I doing wrong , is this common, how can I prevent? I did a search of the forum and could not find anything. TIA. Terry

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Vcarve Pro Update losses tool database

Post by martin54 »

A patch shouldn't make any changes to the tool database, if one has then you would be best contacting vectric support directly, I have been using the software since version 7 & never had a problem when installing a patch. If you are updating to a newer version however using a completely fresh instal then you will need to migrate your tool database from the previous version.
If you open the software & look under the help tab towards the bottom you will see an option to migrate from previous version, bring up this option & there are a range of things you can migrate from your previous version of the software. :lol: :lol:

What version of the software are you running? In the tool database folder there should be a back up copy of the tooldatabase, I also use the option to back up to the portal :lol:

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Vcarve Pro Update losses tool database

Post by sharkcutup »

Saving your tool database to your portal with Vectric is a safe bet. You upload your tool database using the functions within the tool database. Anytime you make changes or add new tools you save/upload it to your portal at Vectric. It will always be there whenever you need it!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554