US Flag USMC EGA

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: US Flag USMC EGA

Post by Adrian »

Hopefully the attached screenshots make it clearer.
Vector1.jpg
Vector2.jpg
Vector3.jpg

UnitedCarvings
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft M700

Post by UnitedCarvings »

Not really, all those individual feathers are supposed to be there.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I don't know how else to explain it. It's not the individual feathers. Look at the difference between the 2nd and 3rd pictures. The second one has an individual feather selected which is one of the ones you're using in the toolpath. The 3rd one has the group selected which you aren't using.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter as the grouped vector isn't being used in a toolpath it just makes things look very messy and could lead to mistakes down the line.

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

Sorry, I found it. I dont how you found it, but thanks. Does the depth of .0625 using gothic font seem ok?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What does it look like in the toolpath preview? The toolpath preview is very accurate & you need to learn to trust what you see, if it looks good once you have run the toolpath simulation then those settings are what you should be looking to use.
Think I read that you had changed to a single line font & a profile toolpath on the line rather than a vcarve toolpath. If that is the case then experiment with the cut depth to see what looks best to you, once you have done it a few times you will get a better idea of what works well for different fonts at different sizes :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

An awful lot of REPLICATED vectors on the EGA. They are not duplicate vectors but they do somewhat replicate them.

It would help to eliminate the replicated vectors!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

I have went to the ega and tried to find these duplicate vectors. Can anyone explain what I am missing. I'll gladly remove them. But when I click on a vector and hit delete the whole vector dissappear. I did go back in and selected the tool path then deleted the vector that was assigned.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

As forum uploaded file:

Need to select the INNER Most Vector of the "S" on Semper. That will highlight the replicating vector
Screenshot 2021-06-05 105511.png
Delete it! No more replicating Vector!!!

To Check this you can undo/redo (CTRL-Z / CTRL-Y) several times to see the affected change!!!

Be sure to go and highlight the EGA vectors again and re-Calculate your EGA toolpath once satisfied with above changes!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

UnitedCarvings wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:11 pm
I have went to the ega and tried to find these duplicate vectors. Can anyone explain what I am missing. I'll gladly remove them. But when I click on a vector and hit delete the whole vector dissappear. I did go back in and selected the tool path then deleted the vector that was assigned.
It's like you have 2 different versions of the logo, one of them the whole logo is grouped that is why the whole thing dissapears when you delete it, the other version the vectors are all ungrouped & I think that is what sharkcutup is talking about. I say 2 versions because the vectors for each are close but not completely the same :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I'm confused now. You said you had sorted out the grouped vectors but now you're saying you can't find them? Look back at my previous posts.

As I've said they're not doing any harm as they aren't associated with toolpaths but it makes things very messy. Either delete them or move them to a hidden layer.

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

I used the tool path to select the current logo and deleted the vectors. There was another logo, underneath? So I reassigned that logo a tool path. I tried to re upload the new file but even zipped the forum says it's too big. I did however run the file and it seems good. Considering it's pine from lowes. Put some semi transparent stain on it and carved thru.
20210605_103657.jpg

UnitedCarvings

Post by UnitedCarvings »

I feel like I made some progress other than I forgot to switch my file when I went from the V carvings to the stripes. A bit of a goof up on the ega resulted. However I feel like I'm not quite setting up my toolpath quite right on the stripes. Super stringy. Using a 46315-K SC upcut spiral set at .0625 (one pass) feed rate 100 plunge 10. Offset and climb are the options I checked as well. Trying to make basswood work for this.
20210612_094431.jpg