laser module and post prossers

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Denny
Model of CNC Machine: shark HD5

laser module and post prossers

Post by Denny »

I am using a Shark HD5, with Vectric Desktop version 10.514. We just purchased the Laser Module last night. The problem is i have no post processor in my toolpaths to select.
I am trying to run the Laser cut and fill tool path, I can see that tool path is showing and I can calculate the path and when I try to save the toolpath and click on select a post processer its blank. when I try to save the tool path I get a pop saying, please select a Post Processer from the drop down menu, which is blank.
When did I do wrong or how do I fix this problem?
Thank you
Denny

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: laser module and post prossers

Post by Adrian »

Did you check the compatibility list before purchase? Nextwave (Shark) machines aren't currently supported as far as I'm aware.

Denny
Model of CNC Machine: shark HD5

Post by Denny »

Adrian, every thing else is loaded, the 2 new icons for laser cut and fill and the pictures. and I see new icon in my tool base, but nothing under the postprocessor. every thing under select post processer is blank. How would I go about reloading the post processors

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

For machines that aren't supported you have to create your own post processor. When the laser module was first released it did have post processors for the sharks but there were issues that Vectric and Nextwave are working on so I guess they took them out in the meantime if you don't have them.

You can find more information in the Laser Module section of the forum. This thread in particular - viewtopic.php?p=271953#p271953