Random tabs issue

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: Random tabs issue

Post by sharkcutup »

I wonder hmmmm

Would an separate last pass in the reverse direction be beneficial?

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I looked at ManTech website. Looks like a strong solid Router. I don't know the model, but it looks like all the machines are well built.

I don't see anything in the tool data, except it seems that you are running way too slow. I don't program in mm/sec so maybe I am converting incorrectly.

Can you post the GCODE of the problem file. Make sure it is in fact a GCODE file that is causing the problem

What are you using as a post processor?
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Yanno, these type of issues are easily resolved by just reading the G code file to determine if the Z commands are, in fact, changing the depth. Speculating about the rigidity of the machine, whether the collet is shot, ad nauseam is a waste of time.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Leadscrew
Model of CNC Machine: Mantech M25

Post by Leadscrew »

Yes a separate second pass would do the trick in a last resort and especially if the start were moved from its original position.
As for speed I use single straight flute carbide because when cutting cast acrylic we get a good edge finish, up cutting spiral flutes 1. chip the surface unless the speed is very slow and 2 they can easily defeat the force created by the vacuum bed and lift the sheet being cut, at that point the profile being cut becomes scrap.
Veneers are also cut and a straight flute bit cutting conventionally is as far as I'm concerned mandatory for that task.
I'm going as fast as I can without risk of breaking the bit and there is no problem with the collet (ER25)
The next time this issue arises I will post the G Code, post processor is "Fanuc (mm) (*.tap)"

Cheers