Tabs - multiple tools paths?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Sliver
Model of CNC Machine: Shopsabre IS408

Tabs - multiple tools paths?

Post by Sliver »

Is it possible to place tabs so Vcarve automatically knows not to cut through them when you have multiple tool paths?

I am cutting a bunch of parts that are pushing the limits of vacuum hold down. There are 40 parts per sheet with 6-8 tabs on each parts perimeter. The material is 1/4" plywood that is .245 thick. I do a down cut tool path .21 deep then a upcut tool path that is the full .245. My problem is I need the tabs to be 1/8" thick or I can't lift the sheets off the CNC.

I am currently placing all the tabs on one tool path and then duplicating the tool path/changing the depth and tool for the second tool path but think there must be an easier way? Thank-you
Clayton

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: Tabs - multiple tools paths?

Post by gregk »

Once you place tabs when creating the first toolpath, the selected vectors will "remember" the location of the tabs, so in the subsequent toolpath you only need to tick "Add tabs to toolpath" checkbox.

Greg K

Sliver
Model of CNC Machine: Shopsabre IS408

Re: Tabs - multiple tools paths?

Post by Sliver »

My problem is likely due to the order I created the tool paths. I created the tool paths the way they are cut so the down cut was created before the uncut with the tabs. Recalculate all tool paths wasn't correcting this issue but I will try the way you suggest. Thank-you
Clayton