Adding V-carve pro to second computer

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Robert_Lee
Model of CNC Machine: OpenBuilds Lead 1515

Adding V-carve pro to second computer

Post by Robert_Lee »

Good morning -
According to the Vectric License terms, my software can be used on up to 3 computers. Does anyone know how to add an additional PC?

Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Adding V-carve pro to second computer

Post by Adrian »

Just install it the same way as you did on the first one. Download the installer from your portal (V&CO) account.

Note that you must be the only person who can access the software on both PC's to be complaint with the license terms.

Robert_Lee
Model of CNC Machine: OpenBuilds Lead 1515

Post by Robert_Lee »

Thanks Adrian

Scottacus
Model of CNC Machine: Carve Master

Post by Scottacus »

I've been using Vcarve Desktop since v 9.5 in 2018 and I tried downloading a free trial to my laptop because I'd like to be able to work on files while away from home. The download installs the 10.5 trial but the program will not run (either on the auto start after installation or if directly launched). I found my original 9.5 order dwonload link but that version is long gone from the Vectric site so I can't use that download. How can I get this working on my Windows 10 laptop, I've got my license key ready for use?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Logon to your portal account (V&CO) at https://portal.vectric.com

All the versions that you have licenses for will be available for download from there. You can't license a trial version it has to be an originally purchased version.

Scottacus

Post by Scottacus »

Thanks I was able to find the link and download the installer which ran great. Unfortunately I cannot open and run the program. Neither clicking on the shortcut or the auto start from the installer will get the program to run. Any ideas what to try next?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Any messages? Have you checked your anti-virus?

Scottacus

Post by Scottacus »

There are no messages, when I watch in task manager I see vCarve 10.5 show up briefly under under background processes. My "security suit" software shows no blocked app and the security settings for vCarve are as shown
Untitled.png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Don't know in that case. You're probably going to have to contact Vectric support unless anyone knows.

CRV
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: N/A

Post by CRV »

Hello Scott I will be coming back to you on email about this issue but its worth pointing out that quite a number of security software these days will not reference our software in the event logs I am afraid requiring the user to exclude the program from any scans by the software.

With 10.5 we introduced a number of features in the code of the software which may cause some AV products to "see" our software as a virus.

Scottacus

Post by Scottacus »

Thanks it was my Charter Security Suit that was blocking VCarve. I included the VCarve folder in the "Excluded" folders setting and now it starts up great. Thanks!

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

If your running vcarve 9.5 then that is the version you really want to install on your laptop rather than V10.5. You can do that from your portal account as Adrian has already said. Any work you do in the trial version will not open in your registered version even if you install your registered version on the laptop at some point because versions are not backward compatible so anything created & saved in V10.5 will not open in V9.5 :lol: :lol: