flat bottom 'dish'

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Coach B
Model of CNC Machine: XCarve

flat bottom 'dish'

Post by Coach B »

I'm trying to create a 12" diameter dish with a 3" diameter flat bottom in 1" thick material. I have been trying to use the dish component in the Vcarve Pro clipart and see if I can change the shape height and base height to give me this effect. Looking at the 3D view it looks like it is going to work but when I preview the toolpath I don't see it.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: flat bottom 'dish'

Post by highpockets »

John
Maker of Chips

Coach B
Model of CNC Machine: XCarve

Post by Coach B »

Thanks John.
I should have specified that I wanted the flat bottom on the inside of the dish instead of the outside. This did give me some ideas on how to accomplish what I'm looking for and I was able to draw and simulate it. Thanks for the link it also gave me some insight for projects I am looking at in the future.

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 36

Post by mrmfwilson »

If you want a flat bottom using models, you will have to use two different models. And you might be. One would be a dish and the other a flat round circle very thin on the inside. Personally I would use the molding path to create something like you are describing. Attached an example. This one has rounded sides. The profile could be angular as well.
Attachments
paper bowl.crv
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
Mr. Wilson
CenterLine Designs
Facebook - Centerline Designs