Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.
I got some experience in aluminum today.
- The superglue/blue-tape hold down requires that you use superglue that hasn't exceeded its shelf life
- Further problems are caused when the WD40 seeps into the MDF and causes what little adhesion the stale superglue had to also fail
- Cutting 0.25" aluminum isn't exactly the same as cutting 0.125" aluminum
- Chip load really, really matters with aluminum
- When the aluminum panel is no longer held in place and begins to move it will break that 1/4" end mill, and it doesn't care how much you paid for it