Tool Database

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: Tool Database

Post by AdamJ »

Hi All,

Sorry about any annoyance caused by this. We had an issue where the timestamps stored on our servers and those stored on some people's version of the tool database were not kept in sync. As someone once said, computers are brilliant at everything except dealing with numbers, words, and dates! We believe this is now fixed so if you are still having this issue just push your local database to the server one last time and that should remove the nagging error message. Please let us know if the problem persists for you and we'll get it sorted as soon as possible.

Once again, apologies for the frustration.

Thanks
Adam

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by ohiolyons »

Thanks
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

pnguye66@gmail.com
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD5

Post by pnguye66@gmail.com »

it's still doing it.

When I go to select a tool, it shows I'm not connected to the cloud. I connect and the "out of date" would popup. Get online, allows update.

The next time I go back in to the database .. it shows I'm online .. but the cloud icon is not there .. even though I connected less than 10 seconds ago.. Hit connect .. "out of date" popup again.

Will not go away.

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

Just created a new job to test it and mine is working the way it is suppose to work.

Suggest contacting Vectric.

Maybe a temp glitch with them getting their servers ready for downloading of version 11.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

pnguye66@gmail.com
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD5

Post by pnguye66@gmail.com »

Upgraded to V11 and it is working again.

toothcutter
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 WW

Post by toothcutter »

Concerning the tool database: Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the "sync to and from the cloud" feature off? I think that John (ohiolyons) posed that question back in June.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

toothcutter wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:51 pm
Concerning the tool database: Does anyone know if there is a way to turn the "sync to and from the cloud" feature off? I think that John (ohiolyons) posed that question back in June.
Any reason why you want to be able to turn it on & off ? If your not connected to the internet or logged into your V&Co account then the upload & download buttons are greyed out so it is basically turned off :lol: :lol:

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

The ability to turn it off was only important to me when the server was going crazy.

Asking you every time you selected a tool if you wanted to update.

Now that it works as designed I have no interest in an option of turning it off.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

toothcutter
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 WW

Post by toothcutter »

Thanks for the quick replies.

I am new (very new) to this software; and when I get a new program I do what I would characterize as "fiddling", which usually involves trying out all the menu buttons and the options presented on the drop down menus. Just my own personal way of getting up the leaning curve (jumping into a project helps me learn quicker also!...and usually much faster.)

I was only curious, because when I selected the "Online" button toward the top of the tool database window, it gave me the option "to connect" to the syncing; which I chose (fiddling..). I just assumed that the reverse option would be available: that is, "to disconnect"....but it is not to be found. Again, I was only curious if a disconnect option exists within the program; if it doesn't...no big deal.