Setting up 3D clipart and tool paths

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Jeff Lambert
Model of CNC Machine: Bob's E4 CNC

Setting up 3D clipart and tool paths

Post by Jeff Lambert »

Hi - I'm a newbie to the CNC scene and recently purchased a Bob's E4 machine along with VCarve Desktop. How do I set up a 3D object (a horse, for example) in Vectric's clipart.
Also wondering what tool path settings I should use. I tried one but it didn't come out very well and I want to be sure I'm getting all the settings right.

Thank you!

WoodStudioIA
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23

Re: Setting up 3D clipart and tool paths

Post by WoodStudioIA »

WoodStudioIA
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23

Post by WoodStudioIA »

Jeff,

MarkLindsaycnc on YouTube has over r0 videos targeted at the beginner. Really helped me when I was starting.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Jeff Lambert wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:55 am
Hi - I'm a newbie to the CNC scene and recently purchased a Bob's E4 machine along with VCarve Desktop. How do I set up a 3D object (a horse, for example) in Vectric's clipart.
Also wondering what tool path settings I should use. I tried one but it didn't come out very well and I want to be sure I'm getting all the settings right.

Thank you!
Watch the tutorial videos from the Video Tutorial Browser on the Help menu.

They are correct for the version you're using which isn't always the case with YouTube and they are correct which also isn't always the case with YouTube.

Marks videos are very good from what I've seen but there are some truly awful ones on YouTube made by people who seem to have very little understanding of the products and can confuse a newbie no end.

Starting with Vectrics own tutorials (and following along with the files that can be downloaded from each tutorial) avoids all of that.