Merging 3d Models

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
steveh01
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Merging 3d Models

Post by steveh01 »

Relatively new to 3d modeling in vcarvepro 10.0 I have been attempting to place a some clip art into a dish ..ie a deer into a 45 degree dish

I am able to import both files so that part is good I have been using the "boundary offset" feature assuming it would ease the transition of the dish to the surface However, when I simulate the toolpath it seems to leave a steep ridge I have be modifying shape heights etc but nothing I do seems to eliminate that ridge I guess i do not fully comprehend the various depth setting in modeling tap

Any help or guidance would be appreciated Steve

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Merging 3d Models

Post by highpockets »

Add a Zero Plane Component
John
Maker of Chips

steveh01

Post by steveh01 »

I have done that and it still seems to reflect that ridge Also when I added the zero plane I needed to place a vector around the dish so that the entire surface of the workpiece did not get milled

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Can you post a picture or two or better yet your CRV file...
John
Maker of Chips

steveh01

Post by steveh01 »

I may have figured this out When I added the 3d model to the dish I used the add/merge icon/function. As I understand this the added model was add to the material plane I changed the 3d model to just and add As I understand this it add the model to the top of the model below (in my case that was the dish) Modifing this seemed to almost completely eliminate the ridge that I was concerned about

I will now have to do some testing of the merge function and when that is used instead

Does this make sense to you Do you think I am on the right track?

Thanks