File Help, Please.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Nlalston
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Iconic 8 CNC

File Help, Please.

Post by Nlalston »

Hello all.

Once again I am in need of help, here.

For my Mother, I wish to do another carving, for her, and I found a free Clipart of Jesus - which I altered, a bit, and added a few other elements to it. When I proceeded to attempt a virtual carving, I was met with the 'Open Vectors' issue, again. When entering the Vector Validator arena, I was met with the notice of quite a fair bit of open vectors. Try as I might, I could not find out how to champion the matter. I am going to have to search for some other videos, which would hold pertinence to my dilemmas with those culprits :). In the meantime, though, could someone offer me so more immediate assistance? I really want to work this up, and get it to my Mother. The CRV file is attached.

Advanced thanks, and God Bless.

Nathan
Attachments
The Lord's Lament..crv
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
Blessings,
Nathan

Vectric Aspire 11
Axiom Iconic 8
Onefinity X50
Jtech 2.8w & 7w lasers

martindg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Onefinity X-50 Woodworker

Re: File Help, Please.

Post by martindg »

Hi Nathan,

I took a quick look at this. This is the Preview I was able to create.
Jesus_Lament_Example.jpg
Is this something close to what you were looking for? Is so, I found the following issues that needed to be addressed to get to this point:

1. When running the vector validator from the Text, Jesus, Branches, and Profile layers I see the problem you're having as it shows 677 Intersections and 323 Overlaps. If I look at this layer by layer, the Text Layer shows a couple of Intersections. The Jesus and Profile layers shows no validation issues. The Branches layers shows a number of validator issues. However, if I turn on both the Branches and Profile layers and select all vectors, the huge number of validation errors shows up. I'm not deft enough with the software to know why the errors show up when vectors across multiple layers are investigates when the individual vectors investigated on their own layers do not show the problems. But if I Move the outer ring vector from the Branches layer to a layer I title Temp and then hide the Temp ayer, then the hundreds of validation errors go away and all I'm left with is the errors previously noted on the Branches and Text layers.

2. For the validation errors on the Text layer I feel like you can just ignore those as the appear to be pretty minor intersection issues that do not impact the V-Carving of the text.

3. Now the Branches layer needs to be cleaned up. The biggest issue here is the open vectors. Cleaning up the open vectors should address many f not most of the validation errors. You will need to spend a little bit of time here finding the open vectors (Edit -> Selection -> Select All Open Vectors) and then closing them. You can use in inner ring vector along with the Extend, Snip, Join and Weld tools to get this cleaned up. It only took me about 5 minutes to do that.

Don't know if this will help but its worth a shot.

Doug

Nlalston
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Iconic 8 CNC

Re: File Help, Please.

Post by Nlalston »

Thank you SO MUCH, Doug. Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Dealing with errant vector issues gives me more head-scratching moments than (at least at THIS time) anything else about the program. I do understand, however, that it has nothing to do with the program - but rather a lack of understanding, on MY part. I will do my best to follow the blueprint that you've laid out for me but, first, have to find WHERE I'll have to go, in order TO handle those jobs. But I'm a seeker, and I'll come across it. As soon as I get home I'm going to look into carving that out. Again, I thank you. God Bless.
Blessings,
Nathan

Vectric Aspire 11
Axiom Iconic 8
Onefinity X50
Jtech 2.8w & 7w lasers