resizing free projects

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Lodds
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko XL

resizing free projects

Post by Lodds »

okay my thought process is this. As a hobbyist and a bit of a newbie I thought I'd purchase VCarve desktop for 2 reasons, 1. my machine a Shapeoko XL will only cut to a maximum of 30" by 16" and I never thought I'd require anything above the 24x24 that the software offers and 2. I would never need to produce anything other than small one offs.
I thought I'd be clever and resize the Free Reindeer head project to allow cutting to be within the software's allowances. However when I tried to save the toolpaths I was unable to due to size issues. Although I had resized the components the original toolpaths were still there as well as my resized toolpaths.
As I see it even if I were to update the software to the pro edition I would still be left with these unwanted toolpaths issue.
Is it possible to delete these original paths?

I have attached a jpg that perhaps help you to see my issue
Attachments
toolpaths.JPG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: resizing free projects

Post by Adrian »

In that particular project it looks as though the toolpaths are associated with layers that aren't visible. You can make the layers visible, delete the ones you don't want and when you recalculate the toolpaths they will be empty.

You could also delete any toolpaths you don't want leaving the vectors as they are or just leave everything and don't save those toolpaths when you come to cut the job.

Lodds

Post by Lodds »

Thanks Adrian, is it possible to reduce the size of a vector and at the same time reduce the toolpath or is it just a case of re running the toolpaths each time.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Every time you make a change to a vector you must recalculate any toolpath associated with it. Depending on the type of change and how the toolpath has been setup you may need to reselect the toolpath from within the toolpath edit dialog as well.

Lodds

Post by Lodds »

Thank-you