Installing clipart?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
JOJO
Model of CNC Machine: SHAPEOKO XXL

Installing clipart?

Post by JOJO »

I have desktop and having trouble installing clipart (re installing) I'm a Mac person and thought it would be supported by now at least that's what I was told 2 years ago. Anyway I got a message that I had to install an update on my windows, so I did. everything disappeared that was part of my Vectric software, I had to reinstall the program. I still have all the clipart in my download folder on the computer put having trouble installing it. I click on the clipart and it shows it's installing (somewhere), but does not show it in the program?? Hope some can help me. Thanks, Joe

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Installing clipart?

Post by Adrian »

The clipart should show in the Clipart tab on the Library Browser side.

The actual files are installed into Public Documents\Vectric Files\Clipart

When you double click the downloaded installer file to run it it should display a pop-up message with the full path to where that particular set of clipart has been installed.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'm a Mac person and thought it would be supported by now at least that's what I was told 2 years ago.
I've been a Mac user since the 80s. For 8 of the past 10 years I've run Vectric software on my Mac using VMware. For the past 2 years I've been using Remote Desktop to connect my Mac to a Windows 10 Enterprise system running Vectric software.

No one from Vectric should have told you that they were porting the software to Mac. That would be a monumental task.
everything disappeared that was part of my Vectric software
Part of the reason I moved from VMware to Remote Desktop to a physical machine is that the last VMware update corrupted the Windows instance and I would have had to reinstall everything. It was easier to set up a Windows tower system and remote into it.

Have you checked to see if this path exists?
If you are running Aspire then C:\ProgramData\Vectric\Aspire\V10.5
If you are running VCarve then C:\ProgramData\Vectric\VCarve Pro\V10.5

Does this path exist on the Windows instance?
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Vectric Files
Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 9.01.51 AM.png

Final thought, have you implemented a manual or automated process for backups? Both thumb drives and external hard drives are inexpensive and easy solutions. There are also cloud solutions that are pretty easy.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Ok, here is where all the downloads are putting my file That I try and download from my downloads c:/user/public/documents/vectric/clipart. How do I get them back into the program?
Last edited by JOJO on Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

That's where they are supposed to be as I posted earlier.

I'm assuming when you say they aren't in the program you mean you can't see them on the Clipart tab?

You can add them in manually by using the Add Folder button on the Clipart tab and navigating to the Public Folder but they should be there under the Clipart leaf on the Library Browser/Library Folders.

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

In vcarve desktop the clipart folders are empty. nothing? I have all the downloaded clipart in my download files but when trying to download them into the vcarve desktop they go to the above public folders, not the program. Sorry I'm still trying to learn windows I went from my Amiga (video production) to the Mac. now windows. and i'm pushing 80. I'll go try again, thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

This tutorial might make things a bit clearer - https://www.vectric.com/support/tutoria ... ral_Topics

JOJO

Post by JOJO »

SUCCESS!!