excessive carve time

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Custom carving
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: next wave shark 520

excessive carve time

Post by Custom carving »

I bought some art work on design and make (in the magical gardens) and I wanted to make the hobbit door, It estimated the carve time at 23 hours for the roughing pass Is that possible? and another 6 hours for the finish pass. I wanted to make it 24X9 is that what is causing it?

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Re: excessive carve time

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello...

Thanks for the question.

Well, there are probably a few things in play here. The times that software gives you needed to be corrected to real-world times from parts cut on your CNC. I would suggest first making sure they are close by cutting a small part and adjusting the Rapid Rate and Scale Factors - https://docs.vectric.com/docs/V10.5/Asp ... index.html Try to match the times as close as you can.

Second... I would look at the size of the tools you are using. Are the tools set-up correctly? Are you using a small tool that could be swapped for a larger one? Any toolpath optimization you can add in?

If all that fails to get you a better time then of course size it down a bit if that is an option.

I do think that time is very excessive... and you might want to send the file to the Support team and let them have a peek. Or feel free to send it over to me at D&M - info@designandmake.com.
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

You have already asked this question & had some feed back, asking the same question multiple times doesn't really help anyone, best to use your original post if you are seaking further help. :lol: :lol:

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

That other post is at: viewtopic.php?p=262871#p262871