I’m new to vcarve pro need help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
George19732004
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve 1000

I’m new to vcarve pro need help

Post by George19732004 »

I have this in vcarve pro I’m trying to do raised letters with the relief carving. Is there away to do it? If so can someone explain in detail?
6D9C3518-500B-42D7-8FF4-807739346735.jpeg

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: I’m new to vcarve pro need help

Post by scotttarnor »

The training videos are awesome and will get you started. https://www.vectric.com/support/tutorials/vcarve-pro
Scott T

adze_cnc
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Rather than thinking of this as a case of cutting "raised letters" think of it as cutting away material around the letters. You can't really cut a raised anything (i.e. cutting to add something).

To do that you would need a rectangle around the turtle graphic so that it doesn't get cut and a rectangle around the border of the large white area (actually a bit larger).

Once you have those you can use the "V-Carve / Engraving" toolpath among the two rectangles and the letters---setting a "flat depth" however much you want the letters to appear "raised" with respect to the background.

Hope this steers the right course. There are plenty of tutorial videos regarding this on the Vectric.com page.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

From the looks of the image posted there is a turtle model in the design. This would have to be set within the material first to determine
where the final depth occurs for carving raised text. You would also need a vector of the turtle perimeter in order to carve the raised text without carving the material area where the turtle is located.

As stated in previous posts Vectric Tutorials are recommended for learning these techniques/processes.

Sharkcutup
www.hoganscnccrafts.com
One on One V-Carve Help is Available!!!
Private Message me for details!

George19732004
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve 1000

Post by George19732004 »

Thank you for replies. I will start the tutorials